Defensive linemen are by far the most inconsistent week-to-week fantasy point producers. Many linemen will go three or four weeks without registering a sack and then exactly when you drop them, they have a multiple sack game. This can be extremely frustrating for fantasy owners. In addition, there aren't many unknown linemen that emerge during the season and consequently the waiver wire is usually not packed with worthwhile IDP options.
With this being said, in order to lessen my "cognitive dissonance", I try to use many of my early round defensive draft picks on defensive linemen. Obtaining guys like J.J. Watt and Jason Pierre-Paul allows me to plug them in my roster and not worry about their ups and downs throughout the season, since they have proven their consistency and value.
|Scoring System: |
Solo Tackle = 1.5 points
Assist = 0.75 points
Sack = 5 points
Interception = 5 points
Forced Fumble = 4 points
Fumble Recovery = 4 points
Pass Deflection = 1.5 points
Like what you've read so far? Looking to dominate your 2013 Fantasy Football draft(s)? For $5 you can get complete access to The IDP Guru's comprehensive and exhaustive 2013 Fantasy Football Draft Guide.
- Updated in real-time
- 2012 stats for offensive and defensive players
- 350+ players ranked (with detailed player descriptions)
- Rankings for all offensive fantasy positions (QB, RB, WR, TE, K, Team Defense)
- Rankings for all defensive fantasy positions (DL, LB, and DB)
- Top 150 Rankings List for Offense
- Top 100 Rankings List for IDP
- Sleeper List for Offense and IDP
- Full email support and email advice
***CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE OR FOR MORE DETAILS***
Last Updated: September 4, 2013 Related Posts: