This is going to happen. They can look at RG3 but Luck to the Colts is a certainty.
2) Washington Redskins (via trade with St. Louis): Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
I know a lot of people have bashed the Redskins for giving up so much to move up to #2, but I respect the hell out of it. If you see a franchise QB there and you have the need, you do whatever it takes to get him. If the Colts take RG3 (which they won’t) then you get Andrew Luck. The greatest Plan B EVER!!!
3) Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil, OT, USC
Beneficiaries of the St. Louis-Washington trade, Kalil would have likely gone to St. Louis at 2 had they stayed. Now Minnesota gets their franchise LT for the next decade and hopefully keeps Ponder upright. This could also be a hot spot for teams wanting Blackmon or Richardson.
4) Cleveland Browns: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
RB’s in the Top 5 are a real gamble but Richardson is the most complete back since Peterson.
5) Tampa Bay Bucs: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
6) St. Louis Rams: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
7) Jacksonville Jaguars: Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
The Jags would love for Blackmon to fall but he won’t. They could look at Floyd here but instead try to fix their missing pass rush. Coples has had a great off-season and should not fall out of the Top 10.
8) Miami Dolphins: Ryan Tannehill- QB- Texas A&m
After repeatedly swinging and missing on just about everything they do, the draft might be the only place they can’t have a cold shoulder turned on them. Obviously they don’t want to move forward with Matt Moore so they draft Tannehill. His college Head Coach is now the OC for the Dolphins so the transition should be smoother than normal. He should probably sit for a year but the Dolphins won’t let it happen.
9) Carolina Panthers: Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
Carolina needs to bolster the middle of this D-Line and Brockers has the resume to do it. He has the ability to keep blockers off Jon Beason and the disruptive force to penetrate.
10) Buffalo Bills: Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
After adding Mario Williams and Mark Anderson in Free Agency, the Bills should shift their attention to anchoring the line. Reiff makes the most sense.
11) Kansas City Chiefs: Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama
12) Seattle Seahawks: Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina
13) Arizona Cardinals: Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
14) Dallas Cowboys: Mark Barron, S, Alabama
15) Philadelphia Eagles: Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
16) New York Jets: Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
19) Chicago Bears: David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
20) Tennessee Titans: Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
21) Cincinnati Bengals: Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina
22) Cleveland Browns (from Atlanta): Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
23) Detroit Lions: Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia
24) Pittsburgh Steelers: Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State
25) Denver Broncos: Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State
26) Houston Texans: Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
27) New England Patriots (from NO): Nick Perry, OLB, USC
28) Green Bay Packers: Whitney Mercilus, OLB, Illinois
29) Baltimore Ravens: Luke Keuchly, MLB, Boston College
30) San Francisco 49ers: Peter Konz, OG/C, Wisconsin
32) New York Giants: Lamar Miller, RB, Miami (FL)
If you have any questions, feel free to email Eric at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @OlingerIDPGuru.