Also, I will be writing articles for Top Fantasy Football and Fantasy Football Maniaxs during the off-season as well. So, feel free to stop on over and check out those articles if you wish.
Most leagues are over with and the league championship has already been decided. But, for you owners who are in 17 week leagues, I'm here for you with some great IDP waiver wire advice.
But before I get started with the waiver wire suggestions, here is something I stumbled upon when doing my research for today: Congresswoman Corrine Brown - Go Gata (With Subtitles). If you like to laugh, it's definitely worth a look.
Anyways, here are my IDP Waiver Wire recommendations for Week 17:
Jared Allen (88%)
Elvis Dumervil (67%)
Julius Peppers (65%)
Trent Cole (62%)
Justin Tuck (57%)
Mario Williams (55%)
Robert Mathis (48%)
Osi Umenyiora (47%)
Andre Carter (46%)
Darnell Dockett (42%)
1. LDE Calais Campbell - Campbell has been a solid DL3 this year and slightly upgrades to a DL2 this week against the Packers, who have done a much better job of protecting the quarterback the last six to eight weeks, but are still susceptible to giving up sacks.
3. RDE Randy Starks - I recommended Starks last week and he made me look like a fool. But, I'm going him another chance. He's played well this season and I like his chances of getting to Big Ben this week.
4. LDE Mathias Kiwanuka -With Osi Umenyiora being regulated to playing only in third- down passing situations, Kiwanuka has become the Giants starting LDE. In those two games in which he's started, he's posted 13 total tackles (11 solo) and he should be able to post some nice tackle numbers this week against Adrian Peterson and the Vikings.
5. LDT Eric Foster -With many of the Colts defensive lineman not playing the last two games, Foster has had a chance to step in and gain some serious playing time. The Colts will more than likely rest many of there top tier defensive lineman again this week against the Bills, leaving Mr. Foster with plenty of sack/tackle opportunities.
*The IDP Guru's Lock of the Week*
RDE Jonathan Fanene - Fanene hasn't done jack the last two weeks. However, he has a superb matchup against the Jets, who allow the most fantasy points to opposing defensive lineman. I expect there to be plenty of sacks handed out in this game and Fanene has probably the best chance of any Bengals defensive lineman of getting one.
Patrick Willis (98%)
James Harrison (89%)
Ray Lewis (83%)
Jon Beason (82%)
London Fletcher (78%)
Barrett Rudd (72%)
D.J. Williams (70%)
Demarcus Ware (70%)
Brian Cushing (66%) - INJURED (QUESTIONABLE)
Kirk Morrison (61%)
David Harris (61%)
Curtis Lofton (58%)
DeMeco Ryans (58%)
Jonathan Vilma (57%)
Karlos Dansby (56%)
1. MLB Jasper Brinkley - Rookie Jasper Brinkley has played well since taking over for the injured MLB EJ Henderson two weeks ago (click here to see how Henderson was injured). From the games I've watched, Brinkley seems to be around the ball quite a bit. He has a very good matchup versus the Giants this week and should be a great end of the season filler.
2. LILB James Farrior - Compared to his fantasy production last year, Farrior is having somewhat of an off-year. However, he provides good value this week because of his matchup against the Dolphins. Inside linebackers tend to put up great fantasy numbers against Miami and Farrior is the Steelers most consistent tackler. He should be a safe play for 7-9 total tackles this week.
5. WLB Geno Hayes - Hayes has really started to come into his own the last few weeks of the season. He's registered a sack in each of the last two games and is starting to put up some nice tackle numbers. His matchup against the Falcons isn't a good one, but the last time he played them he went 9-0-0. I have a gut feeling Hayes may reproduce a similar stat line this week. If your feeling a little risky, Hayes could be a great play.
Charles Woodson (68%)
Brian Dawkins (61%)
Antrel Rolle (58%) - INJURED (QUESTIONABLE)
Darren Sharper (57%)
Roman Harper (53%)
Eric Weddle (53%) - INJURED (QUESTIONABLE)
Brandon Meriweather (52%)
Erik Coleman (50%)
Gibril Wilson (49%)
Yeremiah Bell (49%)
Bernard Pollard (46%)
Troy Polamalu (46%) - INJURED (QUESTIONABLE)
Tyvon Branch (44%)
1. SS Chinedum "Nedu" Ndukwe - I expect a big game out of Ndukwe this week. He has a fantastic matchup against the Jets. This is a must-win game for the Jets and, with that being said, they are going to run the ball a ton with Thomas Jones. The Bengals will put 8 in the box (including Ndukwe) to stop him and force pretty boy Sanchez to actually make a play.
2. LCB Antoine Winfield - I highly doubt Winfield is available on a ton of waiver wires. However, he was injured for a large part of the season and may be available in some of the shallower leagues. Winfield is a bonafide IDP stud and has a great matchup this week against the Giants. If you have him, start him.
4. LCB Brent Grimes - This guy has absolutely been on fire over the last 3 weeks (22 solo tackles and 3 INTs). He does have Tampa Bay this week which isn't the greatest matchup for opposing CBs and the last time he played them, he went 1-0-0. However, at this point in the season, you have have to ride the hot player. If you need to play catchup, Grimes is a great high risk/reward pick.
I hope you found this article to be helpful!
Please feel free to leave comments, questions, suggestions, or derogatory remarks!
Also, every Wednesday, I write an "IDP Starts and Sits" article for Top Fantasy Football. Make sure to stop over and check it out for more IDP advice!